Coordinators are non-voting members who are responsible for the administrative work of the network. Crop coordinators mainly work with their respective specialty crop committees to act as an information conduit and respond to the Chair, Vice-Chair and Tier 2 Committee. Among other duties, coordinators:
- Attend Tier 2 and Education & Outreach conference calls.
- Request/relay information from centers and programs and prepare updates for Tier 2.
- Post and/or email information to the Tier 2 or other audience.
- Maintain Tier 2 contact list, mailing lists, etc.
- Take meeting minutes.
- Create/maintain website(s).
- Manage committee elections and member terms.
- Organize proposal reviews and reports.
Coordinators also serve on the NCPN Education and Outreach Committee to provide news and content for the newsletter and websites.
There are many resources available to coordinators on the NCPN website!
- For information to share in your outreach efforts, please check out the NCPN Newsletters and NCPN Factsheets.
- For theme art (logos) and presentation templates go to the Resource Library
- For a Coordinators Handbook go to the Google Team Drive.
The Coordinators Handbook includes:
Job description for crop coordinators
Sample rating worksheet for priorities
Event planning information
Guidelines for report writing
Other working documents
To get to the Google Shared Drive:
- You need an invitation to get to the Shared Drive the first time.
- Afterwards, go to Google.com and sign in to Google in the upper right hand corner. For many coordinators the user name and password for their Google account is the same as their university account email address and password because of agreements between their university and Google. For other coordinators we have used their personal Google account.
- Use the circular icon to the left of the sign in icon and choose Drive, then choose Shared Drives on the left side navigation.
If you are looking for something you could not find, would like to add material, be invited to the Team Drive, or anything else, please contact Kristen Farrar.