Foundation Plant Services
Sweet Potato Program
- Program created by UC Davis plant pathologists in the 1960s to provide growers with virus-tested sweet potato stock.
- Each year FPS produces approximately 60,000 small rooted cuttings of this stock for increase by growers.
- Current collection contains 21 heirloom sweetpotato cultivars and 9 proprietary cultivars.
- Virus testing and elimination.
- Leader in the development of new detection techniques.
- Conducts outreach programs.
Visit the Foundation Plant Services Sweet Potato Program website for more information.